Thursday, September 17, 2009

All That Separates Me from Inspiration is a Short Ride on the Red Line

Ode to the Rude Metro Rider


While riding on the train
I had sanitizer on my brain
Millions of minor pet peeves
Suddenly made me want to heave

Dirty hands too many to count
Dirty minds seem to surround
Now on top of this phobia I need to heed
The whereabouts of your grubby feet

Sitting room is a rare find
So why must you steal this room from my behind
Creatures and germs surely abound
Why can't you please keep your feet on the ground

Turn your music down
Stop acting like a clown
Take your ear buds out
And you won't have to shout

Cursing and yelling as if in your own home
Instead of an adult who is almost fully grown
So before you take your feet off the ground
Ask if you would do this if your Mom was around

Though your brain is feeling mushy
Please be mindful that my tushey
Does not choose to take that seat
Where you so casually placed your gnarly feet

No comments:

Post a Comment